Florida is a state of the United States of America. Florida lies in the south east of the country and has a subtropical climate. A lot of retired Americans settle in Florida, mostly for that reason. The name of the state comes from the Spanish name La Florida (The Flowery), where the emphasis changed from the i to the o. The two most spoken languages in Florida are Spanish and English.
Famous places in Florida
- The capital city Tallahassee;
- Jacksonville, the biggest city of the state;
- Miami, very multi cultural with the world’s sixth largest Jewish population and a lot of refugees from Cuba, which is very close;
- Orlando, famous for its amusement parks (like the Walt Disney World Resort and Universal Orlando Resort);
- Daytona Beach, a vacation destination which is known for its sexual escapades of the youth during spring break, location of the Daytona International Speedway where the yearly NASCAR race is organized. Also Daytona Beach has some beaches where cars are legally allowed to drive on the beach;