Bonita Springs is a city in the American state Florida.
It has a surface of 106,2 km², of which 91,4 km² land and 14,8 km² water. It is about 1 meter above sea level.
There are tremendously many things to do if you love nature, like hiking through the beautiful areas of nature. Below you will find a list of what the city of Bonita Springs has to offer.
Things to do in Bonita Springs
- Center for the Arts of Bonita Springs, if you like fine arts;
- Bonita Beach Park, a 10 km2 park with beach, a walkway, swimming area, dunes and places to have a picknick;
- Barefoot Beach Preserve Park, a 1.38 km2 nature park where you will find untouched nature. In 2013 Forbes considered this park to be one of the best six parks in the United States;
- Little Hickory Island Beach Park;
- There are ten places here you can go to the bracht, with public parking;
- Bonita Springs is west of “Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary”, also a beautiful area with marvelous woods of cypress trees;
- Lover’s Key State Park, another great park of 6.54 km2 where you can hike, cycle, kayak, canoeing. You can enjoy the untouched mangrove woods and beaches. It’s a place where rabbits, eagles, dolphins, and a lot more kinds of animals live;
- The Everglades Wonder Gardens, the zoo of Bonita Springs. Here you can find all kinds of tropical birds, alligators, flamingos, panthers and bears. There also is a botanical garden and a museum here;
- The Naples-Fort Myers Greyhound Track can be found here, too.